Friday, November 20, 2009

Kathryn is almost 6 weeks and I am Back to Work!


Relaxing in her bouncy seat- Thanks Miss Shauna!

What a wonderful and crazy week. Kathryn will be 6 weeks old on Sunday and I can't believe how time flies when you are having fun. She is getting on a little more of a sleep schedule and now usually does a 5 hour stretch in the evening. This is a wonderful gift she has given us because it gives Paul and I a little couple time together(or sleep time depending on the day!).

This week I also started back to work at University of Southern Maine and at my private studio in Northboro. It has been great to work with my students again, but it is an adjustment after getting the chance to be with Kathryn all day for the past 5 weeks. It is also is giving Paul and Kathryn some great daddy/daughter bonding time. Paul has had fun giving her bottles(Thank you Jenneth for the breast pump) and putting her on his lap as he works on school work or finishes up his work day from home.

I have also started back to singing and will be singing Hansel this weekend in a concert version of "Hansel and Gretel". Being a mom has also allowed me to work on my posture and breath support while carrying around 8 pounds, as I nursed Miss K the other night while singing the 3rd act of H & G(thank you Andrea for teaching me how to sing well enough to be able to do this.)

We also love Skyping these days and have gotten into the habit of talking to my parents or my sister Liz at least once a week on it. It is so great to be able to see your family as you talk to them, and I know it will help Kathryn to know her California family better over the years and miles. You have got to love the internet!

Parenthood is a daily lesson in humility, unconditional love and the importance of prayer! I am continuing to love learning all these lessons.

Looking cute for the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment